Monday, March 22, 2010

March 22, 2010

I have been absent from writing here for quite a while. I guess I just wanted some time to see how things would turn out in the big debate on health-care reform in the United States.

The title of this entry is the date because of what I think will be an important day for history of the USA. Will it be a day of infamy or a day that forever changed health-care for the better, that is yet to be decided.

I, personally, am not sure how things will turn out, and I am not altogether pleased with everything that went into and were left out of this bill. But, based on my previous entry, those folks who read this will hopefully understand when I say something had to be done. Because

1) There are too many average citizens losing ground when it comes to maintaining their own and their family's health-care and insurance

2) Too many other countries on this planet have found a way to make things work better. Not perfect, but better, and why shouldn't the US be able to make things better?

3) Had the status quo simply been maintained, the country would have been bankrupted by the current fee-for-service health-care system anyway.

This bill passed by the House is at least a jumping off point to what will hopefully be changes that will continue to improve health-care provided to all the citizens of this country.

On a final note, I would just like to add a few more personal comments.

I was born and raised in this country, and therefore I have been afforded many luxuries that many people of this world will never have or even see. I believe in God. I believe in doing the right thing and what is best for the people, not just for Mad Ernie. I believe doing what is right is not always what is best for me financially or in any other way.

There is far too much fear going on in the world today, especially in the United States. Change not only comes, but it comes at a faster rate than at any other time in the world's history. People fear change. They fear the unknown. I understand that. But fear often leads to anger, and then to hatred. I am quite sure that is not a good thing. My biggest hope for the future of the United States of America now is for people to live with less fear and be willing to listen and discuss differences. Debate, yes. But yell, scream, threaten, and try to instill fear in others ... that is just not good.

No comments:

Post a Comment