Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Midwest Pizza Pilgrimage Overall Assessment

My overall rankings for the 5 pizza’s I sampled on our trip are as follows:
1. Marty’s Pizza - Brookfield, WI
2. Bordenaro’s Pizza – Des Moines, IA
3. Glass Nickel Pizza – Madison, WI
4. Joe’s Pizza – Dixon, IL
5. Happy Joe’s Pizza – Coralville IA

I will say that I would eat pizza from any of these establishments again if I am ever in the area, with a couple of exceptions. For Glass Nickel, I would try different toppings, but basically it was good pizza. For Happy Joe’s, I would be willing to try another location again and just see how it compares to the pizza I had in Coralville. I will say that HJ’s still was better than if I had ordered delivery from Pizza Hut or Dominos. Next time, if I am in the Iowa City area, I will brave the weather and find a completely non-chain pizza parlor to put to the test of my tastebuds. Thanks for sticking with me on this journey. I had fun and would like to try this again sometime in other towns and cities.

Ciao,

-ME

No comments:

Post a Comment